Kohkoz Pita Bread make great bases for homemade pizza's - they cook fast and you don't feel like you are eating a thick heavy pizza crust! Great when you have unexpected tweens or teens turn up for dinner! I usually serve one pita bread pizza per person.
- Kohkoz Pita Bread
- Pizza Sauce (I just use tomato paste but you can use proper pizza sauce if you prefer)
- Mozzarella Cheese (or other good melting cheese)
- Toppings of your choice (eg. salami, pepperoni, olives, capsicums, mushrooms etc)
- Pre-heat oven to 200. Put oven tray on middle shelf (or pizza stone) to heat up.
- Spread your preferred amount of pizza sause/tomato paste on the pita bread. Spread out to the edges.
- Add your cheese layer - right to the edges. The edges can go quite crispy in the oven, so spreading the filling out to the edges helps with this.
- Add your toppings.
- Tip: Don't overload these pizzas with toppings as we are using a thin (and crispy!) base here
- Transfer pizza quickly to pre-heated oven tray and put in the oven. They usually only take around 5-7 mins to cook so keep an eye on it!
- Slice into wedges and enjoy!