This simple, yet flavourful, charcoal chicken recipe might just be our new favourite!
Lebanese cuisine is known for its rich, aromatic spices and bold, smoky flavors. Our Charcoal Chicken is a tribute to this culinary heritage, designed to capture the essence of traditional Lebanese cooking while ensuring that it's accessible and easy for you to recreate in your own kitchen.
Try making it with a whole chicken, chicken nibbles or chicken skewers for different variations.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare the Charcoal Chicken: In a bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, ground cinnamon, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create a simple marinade.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and add them to the marinade. Coat the chicken evenly, cover the bowl, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavours infuse.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto soaked bamboo skewers.
- Preheat a charcoal grill to medium-high heat. Grill the chicken skewers for about 6-8 minutes per side or until they are cooked through and have a nice char. Make sure to turn them occasionally for even cooking.
- Serve: Arrange the grilled charcoal chicken skewers on a platter.
- Serve them with Kohkoz Toum (garlic sauce), Kohkoz Tabouli, and warmed Kohkoz Pita Bread on the side.
This simplified version of the Lebanese-style charcoal chicken is still packed with flavour and pairs perfectly with the Kohkoz accompaniments. Sahtein!