Deliciously authentic, Manaqish is a dough topped with the flavours of Lebanon. Most commonly, Za’atar spice blend and olive oil. They are the perfect make-ahead snack, appetizer, or even brunch! We’ve come up with a super easy recipe that allows you to have these tasty pizzas on the table in no time.
- 1 x packet of Kohkoz Freshly Baked Pita Bread
- 7 - 8 tablespoons of Kohkoz Za'atar Spice Blend
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh garden vegetables (tomato, cucumbers, radish)
- Kohkoz Dips or Feta Cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c degrees, place a large baking tray in oven while heating.
- Take one Pita bread and take apart so that you have two thin pieces of full sized pita.
- Mix the Za'atar Spice Blend with the olive oil in a bowl.
- With the back of a spoon spread the Za'atar mix all over one side of each pita bread piece.
- Put on the heated baking tray Za'atar mix side up and bake for 5-10 mins until the bottom and edges of the pita are slightly brown.
- Serve Za'atar Manaquish warm or a room temperature with assorted vegetables, olives or Kohkoz dips!