Who doesn’t love a picnic?
They are a super fun way to get friends and family together to share a meal and lot of fun.
But, to be a success, every good picnic needs an activity plan and a picnic-friendly menu.
It’s not like you can roast a chicken or cook a pot of soup on the go.
So, we’ve put together our best ideas for planning a super fun picnic at any time of the year, and how you can put a tasty Mediterranean twist on your menu!
Let’s get stuck in.
Super Fun Picnic Ideas For Any Time Of Year
Picnics don’t only have to be reserved for summer, as long as the weather is fine, you can get out and enjoy some al fresco dining all year round. You obviously just need to tailor your activities to the weather.
Here are some of our favourite fun picnic ideas:
- Park picnic with games like frisbee and soccer
- Beach picnic with water activities or shell searching
- Botanical garden picnic with a nature scavenger hunt
- Urban rooftop picnic with a city view
- Nature hike picnic with a packed lunch
- Lake or river picnic with fishing or swimming
- Backyard barbecue picnic with grilled food and lawn games
- Movie or book-themed picnic with appropriate snacks
- Music festival-style picnic with a portable speaker
- International cuisine-themed picnic with dishes from different countries
Make It Mediterranean
Mediterranean style food is absolutely perfect for a picnic, so why not create a Mediterranean theme for the whole outing?
Here are some steps to create a Mediterranean-themed picnic:
- Choose a location: Pick a scenic spot - bonus points if that spot has a view of the water, such as a park near the beach or a lake.
- Plan the menu: Focus on Mediterranean dishes such as hummus, baba ghanoush, tabbouleh, falafel, and pita bread. Include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, like sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and olives.
- Pack appropriately: Use traditional Mediterranean serving platters, such as large, shallow bowls for dips and spreads, and decorative plates for the main dishes. Just because you are eating outdoors, doesn’t mean you need to eat off paper plates!
- Set the mood: Bring decorative elements such as bright throw pillows, lanterns, and candles to create a cozy and relaxed atmosphere.
- Music: Choose Mediterranean or world music to set the mood.
- Activities: Plan games and activities that are popular throughout the Mediterranean, such as bocce ball, backgammon, or a scenic walk along the beach.
- Drinks: Here’s another opportunity to get authentic and creative. Offer a variety of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages, such as lemon water, iced tea, red wine, or sangria.
- The essentials: Don’t forget to pack the essentials like blankets, fold up chairs, hats, sunblock, wet wipes, and insect repellent to make the most of your Mediterranean picnic.
Create Your Perfect Kohkoz Picnic
Want the tastiest (and most authentic tasting) picnic foods for your Mediterranean themed outing? Then, you have come to the right place. We have all your Lebanese favourites ready and waiting for your picnic basket.
With a range of finger and picnic friendly food options, you’ll be feasting in no time. Here are some of our picnic favourites:
- Hummus: Perfect for dipping, spreading, and topping, hummus is the ideal choice for the picnic basket. Super versatile and easy to transport, it enhances any snack, sandwich or wrap. Choose from our delicious traditional, garlic or baba ghanoush flavours.
- Pita Bread: Level up your picnic sandwiches by using pita bread instead. Perfect as a pocket, wrap, flatbread, or pizza base, it makes a great foundation for building a sandwich style meal. Or it can simply accompany dips or salad.
- Falafel: The best alternative to sandwich meat! Falafel is tasty, filling and nutritious. Heat them in the oven before you go out and we guarantee you won’t have any returning home with you at the end of the day!
Don’t forget to add plenty of fresh salad veg and fruits to your picnic basket too, along with lots of water (and sangria for the adults) to stay hydrated.
Make your picnic one to remember with delicious Mediterranean options. Head over to our online shop now to stock up.